Lithgow City Council is calling for nominations from community members interested in helping to review Council services and identify a strategic way forward for the future of the Lithgow LGA.
Council is seeking interested members of the community to participate in a Community Reference Panel to provide positive feedback on Council services and the future of Lithgow. The panel will comprise approximately 20 people who represent a broad cross section of the community.
We are looking for people who are interested in being a part of the process and believe they are representative of one or more of the following communities within the LGA, such as, but not limited to: youth, seniors, business, tourism, farming and agriculture, rural villages, industry, mining, environmental sector, indigenous and multicultural communities.
The role of the Community Reference Panel includes:
- Provide representation to the greater Lithgow community in the review process.
- Consider the full range of services and facilities that Council provides to its local community.
- Provide input based on global (whole of council area) thinking and representation.
- Work with Council to identify service priorities that will guide Council in its planning and decision-making.
- Contribute to the thinking and planning processes that inform the allocation of Council’s resources.
You will be required to commit to attending three meetings over a 6 week period at the Lithgow Council Chambers on:
- Tuesday 11 September, 6pm – 10pm
- Tuesday 25 September, 6pm – 10pm
- Tuesday 9 October, 6pm – 10pm (this meeting will be held during school holidays).
During this period, Panel members will be requested to discuss the outcomes of the meetings with family, friends and colleagues to gain a broader concept of community needs and priorities.
We all want a better and brighter future for the Lithgow local government area. If you would like to contribute to developing positive strategies which will ensure the long term sustainability of the Lithgow region, please register your interest, together with your experience and background by way of email to email@example.com.
Expressions of interest will be received up until 4.30pm on Wednesday 15 August. As numbers are limited and it is proposed to consult with a broad cross-section of the community, Council does reserve the right to ensure that we seek applicants from a wide demographic and may approach members of the community directly to ensure representation. Council reserves its right to restrict the allocation of members where the membership of the working party is full.