Lithgow City Council is seeking nominations from community representatives to join its Men’s Health Advisory Committee.
The principal responsibilities of the Committee are to:
• Undertake research to identify existing groups that have been formed to advocate welfare and health issues for men and to liaise with those groups accordingly.
• Identify areas in which men suffer detriment and disadvantage in health and welfare.
• Examine and report on the potential for establishing an entity external to Council capable of advocating for relevant Health and welfare issues on behalf of men.
• Examine and report on the reasons for the increasing rate of suicide in men, particularly under the age of 35 years.
The Men’s Health Advisory Committee comprises 7 members including
two councillors and 5 community members. The Committee is supported by Council Administration staff.
How to Nominate
Your nomination should include the following:
• Your name and address
• A short paragraph outlining your interest in joining the committee and your experience, skills or local knowledge relevant to the vacancy.
Nominations will then be presented to Council which will consider all nominations and determine the appointed members to the Committees.
A copy of the Committee Terms of Reference is available on Council’s website council.lithgow.com at the Council/Committees tab. Further information can be obtained by contacting Matthew Johnson via email at email@example.com
Nominations close Friday 28 February 2020.