Lithgow City Council is pleased to announce that Term 3 Learn to Swim classes will be commencing 20 July 2020!
Lithgow City Council reopened the J M Robson Aquatic Centre to public use on the 15 June 2020. This reopening was accompanied by a set of strict guidelines incorporated within a Safety Plan, as mandated by the State Government, and were implemented to protect the safety of the public and staff.
Council understands the importance of Learn to Swim classes in providing our community with necessary life skills and promoting healthy and active lifestyles from a young age. For this reason, enrolments are currently open for Council-run Learn to Swim, with classes commencing 20 July 2020.
Attendees can enroll and attend with the confidence that Council continues to review, comply and make changes to the way the facility operates, with the view to mitigate any risk of COVID-19 transmission throughout the community. As such, we will be requiring the following of all enrolments and attendees.
- Children and parents must not to attend the facility if experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
- Random, mandatory and non-invasive temperature and symptom checks will be in place. Refusal of a temperature check will result in a refund of Learn to Swim fees and a temporary restriction on facility access;
- Class sizes will be restricted to ensure compliance with social distancing protocol in the facility;
- Where possible, we ask that one parent brings a child to lessons and additional children are left at home. In instances where additional children are brought they must remain seated on their designated bench with a parent at all times;
- Access to the facility will not be permitted more than 5 minutes before your child’s lesson time to ensure patronage within the facility remains manageable;
- Strict 1.5m social distancing will be in place for all patrons. Seating will be capped to one person/family per bench.
- No recreational swimming will be permitted during Learn to Swim booking;
- Children are to wait with their parent in the designated area until the Swim Coordinator or teacher collects them for their lesson;
- Communication between parents and teachers should be limited, for any enquires please see reception or the swim coordinator.
- With the exception of emergencies, parents are to remain behind the line on pool deck where possible;
- No high fives, handshakes, spitting or unnecessary contact will be permitted;
- Once lessons have finished, swimmers and parents will need to leave the facility as soon as possible; and
- General facility restrictions also remain in place and must be complied with.
Council apologises for any inconvenience that the above conditions of operation may cause. However, maintaining the low rates of transmission in NSW and Australia are contingent on a cautious approach to safe operation of community facilities. Lithgow City Council will continue to monitor NSW Health Guidelines and update its procedures and operating guidelines to best ensure a safe, healthy and active community.
For reservations, please contact the J M Robson Aquatic Centre directly on 02 6352 9160
J M Robson Aquatic Centre Team Leader
Tel: 02 6352 9160
Fax: 02 6351 4259