Government Information Public Access (GIPA) Act
The following list of general documents held by Council has been divided into four sections as outlined by Schedule 5 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act:-
- Information about Council;
- Plans and Policies;
- Information about Development Applications;
- Approvals, Orders and other Documents.
Schedule 5 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act requires that these documents held by Council, are to be made publicly available for inspection, free of charge. The public is entitled to inspect these documents either on Council's website (unless there is an unreasonable additional cost to Council to publish these documents on the website) or at the offices of the Council during ordinary office hours or at any other place as determined by the Council. Any current and previous documents of this type may be inspected by the public free of charge. Copies can be supplied for reasonable copying charges.
A large quantity of information is available for public access on this website which belongs to third parties and is the subject of copyright, such as plans and reports submitted with development applications and other Council related business. Access to this information is provided to members of the public in accordance with the GIPA Act and other relevant legislation, such as the Environment Planning and Assessment Act 1979. Copyright laws apply to this information and applicants are advised to seek the consent of the copyright owners before reproducing the information in any way.
Information about Council
Government Contract Register
The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) requires Council to record and publish certain information about some contracts with private sector bodies.
Contracts to be recorded in the register of contracts are contracts between Council and private sector bodies worth more than $150,000 and involve:
- the contractor undertaking a specific project such as construction, infrastructure or property development,
- the contractor agreeing to provide specific goods or services,
- the transfer or lease of real property.
Employment contracts are not included in the register.
Classes of Contracts
Class 1 contracts
Refer to section 29 of the GIPA Act for the information to be recorded in the Register of Council Contacts for class 1 contracts.
Class 2 contracts
Class 2 contracts are class 1 contracts where:
- there has not been a public tender process and the terms and conditions of the contract have been negotiated directly with the contractor, or
- the contract was the subject of a tender (whether public or not) but the terms and conditions have been substantially negotiated with the contractor, or
- the obligations of one or more parties to maintain or operate infrastructure or assets could continue for 10 years or more, or
- the contract involves a privately financed project (as defined by Treasury), or
- the contract involves the exchange of significant assets.
Refer to section 30 of the GIPA Act for the additional information to be recorded in the Register of Council Contacts for class 2 contracts.
Class 3 contracts
Class 3 contracts are class 2 contracts that have a value, or likely value of more than $5 million. Council must publish a copy of class 3 contracts on the register of Council contracts subject to the exclusion of any confidential information identified in section 32 of the GIPA Act.
Register of Disclosures of Political Donations
Under Section 328A of the NSW Local Government Act 1993 the General Manager is required to keep a register of copies of current declarations of disclosures of political donations lodged with the Election Funding Authority by or on behalf of councillors of the council concerned (including in their capacity as candidates for election as councillors).
The relevant information can be obtained from the following: www.efa.nsw.gov.au
Information about Development Applications
For more information regarding the documents listed below please contact Council's Building and Development Department
Development Applications and any associated documents received in relations to a proposed development: -
- Home Warranty Insurance documents
- Construction Certificates
- Occupation Certificates
- Structural Certification Documents
- Town Planner Reports
- Submissions received on Development Applications
- Heritage Consultant Reports
- Tree Inspections Consultant Reports
- Acoustic Consultant Reports
- Land Contamination Consultant Reports
- Records of decisions on Development Applications including decisions on appeals
- Records describing general nature of documents that Council decides to exclude from public view including internal specifications and configurations, and commercially sensitive information
Register of Voting on Planning Matters
The Local Government Act requires Council to maintain a register that records which Councillors vote for and which Councillors vote against each planning decision of the Council. Council's register of voting on planning matters commenced on 1 October 2008.
Planning matters are matters that relate to a development application, an environmental planning instrument, a development control plan or a development contribution plan.
A planning decision is a resolution of the Council or a committee of Council that determines a matter, ie approves or refuses a development application or adopts or refuses to adopt a planning instrument or amendment to a planning instrument.
Download Section 375A Register
Approvals, Orders and other documents
For the below listed documents please contact Council's Customer Service Department
- Applications for approvals under part 7 of the LGA
- Applications for approvals under any other Act and any associated documents received
- Records of approvals granted or refused, any variation from Council Policies with reasons for the variation, and decisions made on appeals concerning approvals
- Orders given under Part 2 of Chapter 7 of the LGA, and any reasons given under section 136 of the LGA
- Orders given under the Authority of any other Act
- Records of Building Certificates under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
- Plans of land proposed to be compulsorily acquired by Council
- Compulsory Acquisition Notices
- Leases and Licenses for use of Public Land classified as Community land