Imagine Lithgow 2040 – Our Place Our Future
Local Strategic Planning Statements
Over the next 18 month period Council will be developing a Local Strategic Planning Statement which is a new requirement for all Council’s in NSW.
The Lithgow 2040 Local Strategic Planning Statement will set out:
- the 20 year vision for land use in the local area
- the special characteristics which contribute to local identity
- shared community values to be maintained and enhanced
- how growth and change will be managed into the future
The statement will assist to implement actions in the Central West and Orana Regional Plan 2036 and Council’s own priorities within the Lithgow Community Strategic Plan 2030.
The statement will shape how the development controls in the Lithgow Local Environmental Plan (LEP) evolve over time to meet the community’s needs, with the LEP being the main tool to deliver Council’s and the community’s plans for the future.
Your participation is essential to help Council develop a Local Strategic Planning Statement that reflects the aspirations and values of the whole community.
In preparing the statement Council will bring together what it has heard from the community through a number of past consultations and engagements and check back to make sure we have heard you correctly and if there is anything we have missed.
To start the conversation Council is seeking feedback on the following:
- What do you value about the Lithgow Local Government Area and where you live?
- What should be retained and left unchanged?
- What needs to be improved?
- What are your key priorities to achieve your future vision of Lithgow in 2040?
To have your say please complete the Council survey by 30 August 2019. You can find the survey at Council’s Have Your Say site at http://www.haveyoursay.lithgow.com/imagine-lithgow-2040/