Lithgow City Council is pleased to announce that its Learn to Swim program is now re-enrolling for Term 4 2020.
Attendees can now enroll by calling the centre directly to enquire about bookings for the Term 4 season. All bookings can be made with the confidence that Council continues to comply and when necessary make changes to the way the facility operates to mitigate any risk of COVID-19 transmission throughout the community. We will continue to require the following of all enrolments and attendees.
- Children and parents must not attend the facility if experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
- Random, mandatory and non-invasive temperature and symptom checks will be in place. Refusal of a temperature check will result in a refund of Learn to Swim fees and a temporary restriction on facility access;
- Class sizes will be restricted to ensure compliance with social distancing protocol in the facility;
- Where possible, we ask that one parent brings a child to lessons and additional children are left at home. In instances where additional children are brought they must remain seated on their designated bench with a parent at all times;
- Access to the facility will not be permitted more than 5 minutes before your child’s lesson time to ensure patronage within the facility remains manageable;
- Strict 1.5m social distancing will be in place for all patrons. Seating will be capped to one person/family per bench.
- No recreational swimming in the indoor pool will be permitted during Learn to Swim bookings;
- Children are to wait with their parent in the designated area until the Swim Coordinator or teacher collects them for their lesson;
- Communication between parents and teachers should be limited, for any enquires please see reception or the swim coordinator.
- With the exception of emergencies, parents are to remain behind the line on pool deck where possible;
- No high fives, handshakes, spitting or unnecessary contact will be permitted;
- Once lessons have finished, swimmers and parents will need to leave the facility as soon as possible; and
- General facility restrictions also remain in place and must be complied with.
Council apologises for any inconvenience that the above conditions of operation may cause. However, maintaining the low rates of transmission in NSW and Australia are contingent on a cautious approach to safe operation of community facilities. Lithgow City Council will continue to monitor NSW Health Guidelines and update its procedures and operating guidelines to best ensure a safe, healthy and active community.
For reservations, please contact the J M Robson Aquatic Centre directly on 02 6352 9160
J M Robson Aquatic Centre Team Leader
Tel: 02 6352 9160
Fax: 02 6351 4259