At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held on 26 November 2018, Council resolved to place on public exhibition the proposed amendment to Council’s 2013 Generic Plan of Management.
Council’s 2013 Generic Plan of Management outlines the values and features of Council’s “community” land assets, and clarifies how Council intends to manage, use or develop the land in the future. The purpose of the Plan of Management is to:
- Contribute to the City’s broader strategic goals and functions
- Ensure compliance with the Local Government Act 1993; and
- Provide clarity in the future development, use and management of community land.
Council proposes to amend the 2013 Generic Plan of Management by inserting the community asset known as Wallerawang Memorial Hall and the adjoining land (comprising Lots 1 to 5 in Deposited Plan 15683 and situate at Commens Street, Wallerawang.
Council invites public submissions on the amended Plan of Management, which is on public exhibition from Friday 24 December 2018 until Friday 8 February 2018, and is available for public viewing at:
- Council’s website www.lithgow.nsw.gov.au
- Council Administration Centre 180 Mort Street, Lithgow, Monday to Friday from 8.15am to 4.30pm (from 7 January 2019)
- Lithgow Library/Learning Centre 157 Main Street, Lithgow, Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm, Saturday from 9am to 12pm (from 7 January 2019)
Should any person or group wish to make a submission on the amended Plan of Management, it should be in writing and be received by 4.30pm on Friday 8 February 2019. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager, Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19 LITHGOW NSW 2790, quoting reference POM-GEN or by emailing attention General Manager at email@example.com.
A public hearing into the categorisation of Lots 1 to 5 in Deposited Plan 15683 as General Community Use is to be conducted in the Council Chambers, 180 Mort St Lithgow, on Wednesday 6 February 2019 from 10.30am – 11:30am. Members of the public wishing to make a submission to the public hearing should register their interest prior to the commencement of the hearing by contacting Sandra Politi on 6354 9999.
Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Sandra Politi on 6354 9999.