At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held 28 May 2018, Council resolved to publicly exhibit for 28 days its intention to:
1. Amend Policy 4.2 Financial Assistance
The key changes as marked on the attached Policy 4.2 are:
- Removal of the Recurrent Financial Assistance category with current Recurrent Financial Assistance recipients required to submit a Non-Recurrent Financial Assistance application each year.
- A requirement that all requests are to include an itemised budget detailing the funding requested.
- A simplification of the acquittal process.
- A requirement for applicants and Council to acknowledge each other’s good public image and reputation.
- Incorporation of some features of Policy 4.4 Fee Waivers into Policy 4.2 Financial Assistance.
2. Delete Policy 4.3 Financial Assistance to Community Groups and Organisations – Interest Free Loans
It is proposed to delete this policy as this policy has not been utilised for a number of years.
3. Delete Policy 4.4 Requests for Financial Assistance by Waiving of Fees for Council facilities
It is proposed to delete this policy and incorporate its key elements into Policy 4.2.
The community is invited to make written submissions on this proposal by Friday 6 July. Submissions should be addressed to :
Lithgow City Council
PO Box 19
Following the exhibition period and the receipt of public comments, this matter will be reported back to Council for final adoption.