Lithgow City Council is pleased to announce that Aqua Aerobics will be re-commencing as of 20 July 2020!
Lithgow City Council reopened the J M Robson Aquatic Centre to public use on the 15 June 2020. This reopening was accompanied by a set of strict guidelines incorporated within a Safety Plan, as mandated by the State Government, and were implemented to protect the safety of the public and staff.
Council understands the importance of Aqua Aerobics classes in promoting healthy and active lifestyles for the wider Lithgow community. For this reason, classes will be re-commencing 20 July 2020.
Attendees can book and attend with the confidence that Council continues to review, comply and make changes to the way the facility operates, with the view to mitigate any risk of COVID-19 transmission throughout the community. As such, we will be requiring the following of all enrolments and attendees.
- Class sizes will be restricted to 6 participants to ensure compliance with social distancing protocol in the facility;
- Bookings for classes will be essential and only taken 24 hours before each class.
- Participants must not to attend the facility if experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
- Random, mandatory and non-invasive temperature and symptom checks will be in place. Refusal of a temperature check will result in a temporary restriction on facility access;
- Access to the facility will not be permitted more than 5 minutes before your class time to ensure patronage within the facility remains manageable;
- Strict 1.5m social distancing will be in place for all patrons. Seating will be capped to one person/family per bench.
- Participants are to wait with their parent in the designated area until they are collected for their session;
- No unnecessary contact will be permitted;
- Once the session has finished, participants will need to leave the facility as soon as possible; and
Class times will be as follows;
- Monday 7am-7:45am
- Tuesday 6:10pm-6:55pm
- Wednesday 7am-7:45am
- Thursday 6:10pm-6:55pm
- Friday 7am-7:45am
Current pricing for aqua aerobics per 45 minute class are as follows;
Adult – $19.00
Please note any patron with a membership or fitness passport will pay a discounted fee. Please enquire at the reception desk.
Council apologises for any inconvenience that the above conditions of operation may cause. However, maintaining the low rates of transmission in NSW and Australia are contingent on a cautious approach to safe operation of community facilities. Lithgow City Council will continue to monitor NSW Health Guidelines and update its procedures and operating guidelines to best ensure a safe, healthy and active community.
For reservations, please contact the J M Robson Aquatic Centre directly on 02 6352 9160