Road Naming

Geographical Names Board of NSW – Guidlines for the Naming of Roads

The Geographical Names Board (GNB) has released the NSW Road Naming Policy.

This document is the NSW Geographical Names Board (GNB) policy on the naming, renaming and reserving of names for roads in New South Wales. It is provided for under Section 5 of the Geographical Names Act 1966. Encompassed in the policy are General Principles (Section 3) that conform to the road naming principles outlined in various sections of the Australian Standard for addressing, AS/NZS 4819:2011 Rural and Urban Addressing.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


NSW Road Naming Policy