What is the service?
The domestic service includes the weekly collection of 240 litre mobile garbage bins for waste and a separate 240 litre mobile garbage bin for recycling that is collected every other week.
Positioning Bins: Your mobile garbage bin should be placed:
- on a flat surface, close to the kerb, at your normal collection point.
- with the bin parallel with the road and wheels closest to your house.
- clear of trees and overhead obstructions.
|Glass||All glass bottles and jars. Rinse and place in crate. No crockery (cups, saucers or plates) please.|
|Aluminium & Steel||Cans e.g. soft drink, pet food, baked beans, tins, alfoil & aerosol cans. Please rinse.|
|Plastics||Soft drink bottles, milk containers, all plastic bottles marked 1, 2 or R. Please remove caps and rinse.|
|Paper/Cardboard||Newspapers, magazines, cardboard boxes, telephone books, junk mail , old letters and egg cartons|
Items NOT to go in your bin
- Hot Ashes
- Heavy Objects e.g. car parts
- Building materials & rubble
- Paint or flammable liquids
- Tree stumps or rocks
- Corrosive materials
- Sand or garden soil.
Please Note: Hot ashes will damage the bin and can cause fires in the vehicle, risking the safety of the driver and causing damage to the vehicle.
For the Lithgow City area, please view Garbage Routes Map
For other areas:
- Monday - Clarence and Dargan
- Tuesday - Rydal, Portland, Cullen Bullen, Capertee and Marrangaroo
- Thursday - Wallerawang and Lidsdale
- Friday - Hartley and South Bownefels
Click here to download
a quick reference for what you should and shouldn't
put in your kerbside recycling bin.