November 2017 Works Program
Please note that the following works were performed within the Operations Department for both the week ending 24 November 2017.
- Completion of State Mine Gully Road roadside drainage improvements.
- Continuation of the kerb and gutter extension at the Lithgow Showground (adjacent to trotting track)
- Paver rehabilitation on Main Street, Lithgow, adjacent to the Barrett & Smith Pathology
- Commencement of stormwater drainage infrastructure reconstruction at the entrance to the Lithgow Landfill Site
- Hotmix asphalt repairs throughout the township of Lithgow.
- Preparation of the first round of capital seal improvements have been completed.
- Gravel re-sheeting of Martins Road, Rydal continuing.
- Coldmix asphalt patching on Magpie Hollow Road, Tarana Sodwalls Road, Glen Alice Road, Sunny Corner Road.
- Cox Street, Portland stormwater improvements approximately 80% complete.
- Assistance of plumbing crews with remedial works after water and sewer infrastructure failures.
- Maintenance grading of Mount Horrible Road, Palmers Oakey.
- Installation of traffic bollards at the Wallerawang pedestrian rail overbridge to discourage motorbike use.
- Stockpile maintenance works at Wallerawang.
Parks and Gardens:
- Continuation of noxious weed control throughout Lithgow Local Government Area.
- Removal of fallen trees from the Marrangaroo Golf Club.
- Preparation for an event at Eskbank House, Lithgow.
- General maintenance of Lithgow, Wallerawang, Portland and Cullen Bullen roadsides and parks.
- Servicing of RFS and Council vehicles.
- Completion of asphalt capital works throughout the Lithgow Local Government Area. Brays Lane, Wallerawang, Lyon Parade, Wallerawang, Ellen Close, Portland, Gay/Donald Street, Lithgow, Ivatt Street Lane, Lithgow, Valley Drive, Lithgow, Tank / Union Street Lane, Lithgow and Clarence Pirie Park Access.
- Continuation of planning for capital upgrades to an embankment on Wolgan Road, Wolgan Valley.
- Commencement of feasibility and investigation works pertaining to capital stormwater infrastructure improvements in the vicinity of Main Street and Laurence Street, Lithgow.
- Continuation of the CBD Revitalisation project.
- Commencement of capital bitumen sealing works on Magpie Hollow Road, Curly Dick Road and Glen Alice Road.
Water & Wastewater:
- Reticulation maintenance of water & sewer mains across the network
- Dam & Clarence transfer scheme inspections
- Regular inspections of water and sewage treatment plants and pump stations