April 2018 Works Program
Please note that the following works were performed within the Operations Department for both the week ending 6 March 2018.
Please note that the following works were performed within the Operations Department for both the week ending 06 March 2018.
- Continuation of the Farmers Creek shared footpath and associated embankment repairs and stabilisation. New fence to be installed this week.
- Continuation of the footpath restoration on the Great Western Highway, Lithgow.
- Coldmix asphalt patching throughout the township of Lithgow.
- Hill Street, Lithgow water main renewal to commence this week.
- Assistance in the repair of a number of water reticulation failures throughout the township of Lithgow.
- Resheeting works at Crown Station Road, Glen Alice continuing.
- Continuation of preparation works for capital seal construction at Langbein Lane, Portland
- Albion Road, Portland maintenance grading and improvements continuing.
- Assistance with plumbers on Ridge Street, Portland.
- Assistance in the repair of a number of water reticulation failures throughout the Lithgow LGA; namely within the township of Glen Davis.
Parks and Gardens:
- Scoreboard not working at Lithgow Showground, repairs commencing.
- Soccer goal posts to be installed this week for upcoming season.
- General maintenance of Lithgow, Wallerawang, Portland and Cullen Bullen roadsides and parks.
- Council vehicle registration, servicing and maintenance continuing.
- Lithgow Tar Truck off the road with faulty alternator.
- Wallerawang Backhoe still waiting on air-conditioning compressor.
- Advertisement of abandoned vehicles prior to disposal.
- Continuation of setup of new GPS safety devices for Council works vehicles.
- Continuation of planning for capital upgrades to an embankment on Wolgan Road, Wolgan Valley. Final designs are being drawn.
- Continuation of the CBD Revitalisation project.
- Unsealed road renewal works:
- Cullenbenbong Road resheeting complete.
- Bonaventure Road resheeting is complete.
- Cullenbenbong Road sealing to be complete this week.
- Irondale Road and Old Western Road to commence this month.
- Quotes received for over $500,000.00 of significant sealed road renewal works to repair and improve repetitive asphalt and bitumen pavement failures across the urban and rural Lithgow Local Government Area. Contractors appointed with works to commence this month.
- Contractors appointed to Blackspot improvement works on Browns Gap Road and REPAIR works on Portland Cullen Bullen Road. Works to commence this month.
- Significant cost saving measures identified and reported to Operations Committee for the CBD Revitalisation.
- Continuation of planning and feasibility design works for improvements to the Wallerawang Rail Overbridge and the installation of a pedestrian refuge on Barton Avenue.