January 2018 Works Program
Please note that the following works were performed within the Operations Department for both the week ending 19 January 2018.
- Continuation of the clean-up of a major stormwater drain behind Clarice Street, Lithgow.
- Cold mix asphalt patching throughout the township of Lithgow.
- Assistance in the repair of an above average number of water reticulation failures throughout the township of Lithgow.
- Clearing of the Wolgan Road adjacent to the Wolgan Gap of debris.
- Vegetation removal and maintenance along the unsealed section of Wolgan Road, Wolgan Valley.
- Maintenance grading of Back Cullen Road, Portland completed.
- Maintenance grading of Mount Horrible Road, Palmers Oakey completed.
- Maintenance grading of Red Hill Road, Upper Turon commenced.
- Bitumen improvement works on Coxs River Road, Kanimbla.
- Bitumen patching works on Sunny Corner Road, Portland.
Parks and Gardens:
- Vegetation works in progress along the medians of the Great Western Highway, Lithgow.
- Maintenance works in preparation for the Rydal Show.
- General maintenance of Lithgow, Wallerawang, Portland and Cullen Bullen roadsides and parks.
- Council vehicle servicing and maintenance continuing.
- Repairs of Volvo grader continuing (broken axle). Another 2 – 3 weeks estimated until completion.
- Lithgow water tanker repairs complete.
- Continuation of planning for capital upgrades to an embankment on Wolgan Road, Wolgan Valley. Core drilling has been completed.
- Continuation of the CBD Revitalisation project.
- Continuation of planning works for over $350,000.00 of significant unsealed road renewal works to repair and improve repetitive gravel road failures across the rural Lithgow Local Government Area. Contractors have been appointed and are in the process of providing detailed quotes.
- Continuation of planning works for over $300,000.00 of significant sealed road renewal works to repair and improve repetitive bitumen and pavement failures across the rural Lithgow Local Government Area.
- Continuation of planning and feasibility design works for improvements to the Wallerawang Rail Overbridge and the installation of a pedestrian refuge on Barton Avenue.
- Continuation of design works and petitioning for funding for the upgrade of the Blackfellows Hands Fire Trail in conjunction with the Rural Fire Service and the Mingaan people.
Water & Wastewater:
- Upgrade of the Portland Sewage Treatment Plant ongoing.
- Reticulation maintenance of water & sewer mains across the network (sewer chokes, water main bursts)
- Dam & Clarence transfer scheme operations and inspections
- Operation and regular inspections of water and sewage treatment plants and pump stations
- Desludging of the Lithgow sewer treatment plant
- Faecal coliform testing a sewage treatment plant.