May 2018 Works Program
Please note that the following works were performed within the Operations Department for week ending 18 May 2018.
- Repair of failed water and sewer services in Coalbrook Street, Albert Street, Bayonet Street and Purcell Street, Lithgow
- Asphalt road resealing continuing with Vickers Street, Read Avenue, Hepburn Street and Musket Parade Lane completed.
- Installation of the new toilet block at Blast Furnace Park, Lithgow and Kremer Park, Portland
- Farmers Creek Footpath construction continuing, 260 metres complete, 275 metres remaining.
- Coldmix asphalt patching throughout the township of Lithgow
- Grading crew continuing within the Glen Davis township. Resheeting streets and completing drainage repairs.
- Preparation works commenced for Falnash Street / Ilford Street, Portland capital reseal.
- Coldmix patching in Glen Alice. Works almost complete.
- Coldmix patching Kanimbla Drive, Coxs River Road and Blackheath Creek Road.
- Capital improvements to the entrance of the Cullen Bullen Tip off the Castlereagh Highway.
- Gravel patching of Marsden Swamp Road. Guideposts have been installed as well.
- Old Western Road resheeting to commence this week.
- Seeking quotes for contractor maintenance of Peach Tree Road, Kanimbla.
Parks and Gardens:
- Softfall replacement at Inch Street Park and Vale Park, Lithgow
- Commencement of light replacement at Kremer Park, Portland
- Lights at Lithgow Showground to be completed on 24-25th May
- Conran Oval, Lithgow access graded.
- Completion of various action requests throughout the Lithgow LGA.
- Mowing of various parks to maintain levels of service.
- Catching up with vehicle servicing
- Large grader broken down, repaired and back on the road within one week.
- Continuing issues with the reach arm mower.
- Continuation of the CBD Revitalisation project.
- Asphalt renewal works almost complete.
- Bitumen renewal works commenced.
- Lighting design has been completed and submitted to Endeavour Energy for improvements to the Wallerawang Rail Overbridge and the installation of a pedestrian refuge on Barton Avenue.