Council is excited to announce that at its most recent meeting, it adopted the Draft 2023/24 Operational Plan. We invite all residents of the Lithgow LGA to be involved and have their say on the future direction of the area.
The plan details Council’s program of works for 2023/24, which identifies water & sewer, transport, community and economic development initiatives, designed to encourage growth and development across the LGA.
Council’s Operational Plan aims to optimise the benefits for the local government area by actively seeking grant and corporate funding opportunities to provide quality infrastructure and services for our community, as well as to renew assets.
Some of the key water projects for 2023/24 include:
- $994,750 to develop a business case, environmental approvals and Design & Construct Tender documentation for the Clarence to Wallerawang Pipeline Project. This is the first stage in a multi-year project to construct a pipeline to ensure a secure water supply for the Lithgow LGA into the future and provide water for future industrial growth and development.
- Oakey Park Water Treatment Plant
- $310,500 to undertake civic and electrical works for connection of a flow meter to the NBN Network.
- $310,500 for the construction of concrete pits for flow meter installation at QE Park, Oakey Park Head Works and two in Payne Street Portland.
- $416,033 to replace Clear Water and Backwash Pumps.
- $48,000 to replace Differential Pressure Transmitters.
- $115,000 for investigation and to undertake community consultation on the works required to upgrade, replace or remove the Tarana raw water system.
- $414,000 for 690m of water mains renewal in Lidsdale St, Wallerawang. See the Draft Plan for renewal locations planned for future years.
- $155,250 to undertake Dam Safety Compliance.
Where can I view a hard copy of the Operational Plan?
Copies of the Draft Operational Plan is available for viewing at the Council Administration Centre and Lithgow, Wallerawang & Portland Libraries.
How do I make a submission?
The Draft Operational Plan and Schedule of Fees & Charges will be on exhibition until midnight on Wednesday, 24 May. Anyone wishing to make a submission may do so:
- By completing the feedback form on council’s website https://ourplaceourfuture.lithgow.com/ipr/community-engagement/
- In writing quoting internal reference no. IPR22-26:
o Via email email@example.com
o Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19, Lithgow 2790