Council acknowledges that a safe and reliable sewer network is not only vital for the health and wellbeing of residents, but that we need to ensure we have the capacity to allow for growth and expansion of our towns and cities. We invite all residents of the Lithgow LGA to be involved and have their say on the future direction of the area.
Council’s 2023/24 Draft Operational Plan aims to optimise the benefits for the local government area by actively seeking grant and corporate funding opportunities to provide quality infrastructure and services for our community, as well as to renew assets.
Some of the key sewer projects for 2023/24 include:
- $1.1m to design and construct inlet works at Lithgow Sewerage Treatment Plant.
- $3.9m for the commencement of a new Sewerage Pumping Station, a multi-year project to allow for growth in the South Bowenfels Development area ($1m grant funding – Regional Housing Fund).
- $920,000 to replace the Maddox Lane, Wallerawang Sewerage Pumping Station to enable future development in the Lidsdale area.
- $345,000 to construct the East Portland Sewerage Pumping Station bypass upgrade and decommission the High Street Sewerage Pumping Station.
- $287,500 – Muffin Monster installation and switchboard upgrade to the Lithgow Correctional Sewerage Pumping Station Inlet.
- $60,000 to undertake Sewer Vent Replacement.
- $460,000 to implement the Sewer Mains Relining Program.
- $148,567 high voltage upgrade at the Tweed Mills Sewerage Pumping Station.
- $115,000 to inspect sewer maintenance manholes in the sewerage system to assess their condition and collect data for inclusion in the asset register.
- $250,000 Installation and Civil Works of new pumps and a receiver manhole at Old Bathurst Road (stage 2).
- $230,000 continuation of smoke testing of sewer mains to assess compliance of property connections identification of illegal connections.
Where can I view a hard copy of the Operational Plan?
Copies of the Draft Operational Plan is available for viewing at the Council Administration Centre and Lithgow, Wallerawang & Portland Libraries.
How do I make a submission?
The Draft Operational Plan and Schedule of Fees & Charges will be on exhibition until midnight on Wednesday, 24 May. Anyone wishing to make a submission may do so:
- By completing the feedback form on council’s website https://ourplaceourfuture.lithgow.com/ipr/community-engagement/
- In writing quoting internal reference no. IPR22-26:
o Via email email@example.com
o Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19, Lithgow 2790