Eligible pensioners can receive concessions on their Ordinary Rates, Domestic Waste Management Service, Water and Sewer Charges.
Ratepayers who are eligible, can receive a rebate up to:
- $250.00 on ordinary rates and charges for domestic waste management services.
- $222.50 off annual water rates and charges (increased from 1 July 2022).
- $87.50 off annual sewerage rates and charges.
Council is currently consulting with the community on two options for a sustainable future. Should Council proceed with the Special Rate Variation option, the pensioner concession on ordinary rates and the domestic waste management charge would increase to $300.00.
Holders of the cards listed below are eligible for the concession:
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC).
- Gold card embossed with ‘TPI’ (Totally Permanently Incapacitated).
- Gold card embossed with MRCA (Military Rehabilitation Compensation Act).
- Gold card embossed with ‘EDA’ (Extreme Disablement Adjustment).
- War widow or widower or wholly dependent partner entitled to the DVA income support supplement..
If you have become an eligible pensioner since the issue of your last rates notice, the concession will apply proportionately to the number of full quarters remaining in the financial year.
The Pensioner Concession Application Form is available on Council’s website – https://council.lithgow.com/finance-rates/pensioner-concession-rebates/
Rebate applications must be returned in person to the Council Customer Service Centre, 180 Mort Street, Lithgow.
For further information, please contact Council’s Rates and Revenue team on 6354 9999.