Lithgow Council continues to monitor developments with respect to COVID-19 and wishes to provide an update on opening conditions for the Lithgow Solid Waste Facility.
Following the effectiveness of COVID-19 controls and easing of restrictions by the NSW Government in relation to outdoor public gatherings, Council will open Lithgow Solid Waste Facility to the public during all opening times from Monday 8 June 2020. General public access during the week will no longer require an appointment from this time.
Importantly, restrictions regarding social distancing on site will remain and these will continue to be updated in line with the NSW Government Public Health Order.
The continuing COVID-19 Risk Management protocols at Lithgow Solid Waste Facility are:
- All persons unloading waste and the landfill are required to maintain 1.5 metre social distancing
- No members of the public to visit the site if suffering flu like symptoms or under self-isolation restrictions.
- Persons must follow landfill attendants instructions at all times.
- 3 designated tipping areas open at light vehicle general waste tipping zone – drivers must wait until unloading area is clear to access tipping area and unload waste
- Persons unloading green waste must maintain 5m separation between vehicles.
- Only one vehicle in site recycling areas (metal, cardboard, E-waste) area at any time.
- Only one vehicle unloading mattresses or tyres at any time.
- No cash sales for mattresses/tyres.
Residents are reminded there may be delays during unloading and people are asked to be patient and remain courteous to landfill staff.
It is essential that residents continue to follow the protocols on site to protect landfill workers, other customers and themselves. The site will remain open subject to the these protocols being effective and any further developments from the NSW or Commonwealth governments in relation to COVID-19.
Council thanks residents for their patience during this time.