Lithgow Council is reminding the community that the first instalment for property rates is due to be paid by 31 August 2021. The Council is committed to assisting all landowners to make these arrangements by tailoring its customer service to suit these unusual and challenging times. There are a range of ways available to pay your rates. Council can also assist with special arrangements if you have any difficulty in paying your rates notice on time.
The Council provides a diverse range of services to the community. These include libraries, sporting fields, road safety and maintenance, stormwater management, community recovery after emergencies, animal control and more. These services are largely funded by the landowner’s property rates.
Covid is impacting individual households in different ways. Some people may be struggling to pay their rates when they are due. Also, because of the stay at home order and business closures, the Council’s customer service centre remains closed for face-to-face enquiries and customer payments.
Council has a range of options available for payment of your rates account:
- Cash / cheque payments can be made at Australia Post office. Post offices remain open as an essential service.
- Council has BPoint and BPay payment options on your rates notice.
- Customers can use BPay on their internet banking to set up and control regular direct debit payments. The BPay biller code is on your account notice.
- Registering for regular direct debit payments (rather than paying your water account in a single amount) you can register here – https://council.lithgow.com/direct-debits/
- Customers suffering financial hardship can apply for relief from payment of rates and charges. The Hardship Application form is located here – https://council.lithgow.com/council/forms/
Council also has access to Centrepay which is an easy way to pay your rates and water accounts through regular deductions from Centrelink payments. You can register for Centrepay at Centrelink.
You can contact Council to discuss payment options by calling 6354 9999
or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org