Due Dates – Council Rates and Water Notices
Council wishes to advise customers that a number of Council rates and water notices will fall due in coming months.
Following the delayed issuing of 2019/20 water accounts, Council extended the payment period for the accounts to 90 days to reduce the financial impact on customers.
In addition, the due date for the first rates instalment was extended due to obvious impacts that households have experienced through the COVID-19 pandemic.
The due dates for Council rates and water notices are listed below:
- Due date for the first rates instalment – delayed to 30 September 2020.
- Extended 2019/20 water accounts – due 30 September 2020 to 30 October 2020 as indicated on your account.
- Final water account to 30 June 2020 – due 30 November 2020.
- Due date for the second rates instalment – 30 November 2020 (return to normal due date).
Council will be issuing 2020/21 first quarter water account notices by mid-October. To ease the financial impact of multiple Council notices falling due between September and November 2020, Council has extended the due date for first quarter water accounts to 15 December 2020.
From the beginning of 2021, Council will return to the standard 30 day terms for water accounts and the normal due dates for rates instalments (being 28 February, 31 May, 31 August and 30 November).
Council acknowledges the financial impact that the bushfires and COVID-19 pandemic may have had on our customers. We have a range of options available if you need assistance with payment of your rates and/or water accounts:
- Customers can use BPay on their internet banking to set up and control regular direct debit payments. The BPay biller code is on your account notice.
- Registering for regular direct debit payments (rather than paying your water account in a single amount) you can register here – http://council.lithgow.com/direct-debit/
- Customers suffering financial hardship can apply for relief from payment. The Hardship Application form is located here – https://council.lithgow.com/council/forms/
Further information is included in Policy 8.6 Hardship Policy located here – https://council.lithgow.com/council/policies/ or please contact Council to discuss payment options by calling 6354 9999.
Council also has access to Centrepay which is an easy way to pay your rates and water accounts through regular deductions from Centrelink payments. You can register for Centrepay at Centrelink.
Should you require any further information or assistance in relation to the smart meter project or account enquiries, please contact Council on 6354 9999 or at email@example.com