Lithgow City Council continues to monitor NSW Health Guidelines and update its procedures and operating guidelines to align with relevant advisory bodies. As such, commencing 30 November 2020, Council will be easing restrictions for the J M Robson Aquatic Centre.
From this date, Council will be allowing visitors to attend the site without prior bookings, subject to lane availability and COVID-19 capacity restrictions. Bookings may still be made to ensure lane availability however a fee applies for this service and this is no longer a prerequisite for all visitors.
While bookings are no longer essential, the following restrictions remain in place:
- There will be a maximum of two persons permitted per lane for the indoor pool, with no maximum number per lane in the outdoor 50m pool. Social distancing is still mandatory during these times
- No equipment will be lent out at any time,
- Children are not to be changed on pool deck at any time, and
- Recreational swimming will be prohibited within the indoor pool after 3:15PM on weekdays and from 9AM-1PM Saturdays due to Learn to Swim operating at these times.
Whilst restrictions are easing we still require that patrons;
- Checking in and out via QR code,
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m at all times within the Centre,
- Make all payments by EFTPOS to reduce contact with cash, and
- Comply with all other social distancing requirements as signposted throughout the Centre.
Maintaining the low rates of transmission in NSW and Australia are contingent on a cautious approach to safe operation of community facilities. Lithgow City Council will continue to monitor NSW Health Guidelines and update its procedures and operating guidelines to best ensure a safe, healthy and active community.