Alternate Fuel Rebate
Stay warm, breath easy
Council is currently running an Alternate Fuel Rebate Program for the conversion of Coal Burning Appliances. The program aims to help you get the most out of your heating, while protecting the environment and your health. The program involves the following components:
- Community education
- Smoky chimney surveys
Cleaner Heating Cash Incentives
Rebates are available to householders to replace your coal burning appliance. The incentives being offered include the following.
- $1000 rebate ($1400 for pensioners)
- $2000 for Commercial Premises
To be eligible for a rebate you must be a ratepayer in the village areas of Lithgow, Portland, Wallerawang, Lidsdale or Rydal and currently use a coal heater to heat your home or business.
Which Heating Systems Are Eligible?
The following replacement heating systems are eligible for the $1000 rebate ($1400 for pensioners) $2000 for Commercial Premises.
- Fixed electric heaters with thermostatic controls
- Fixed flued gas heaters
- Reverse-cycle air conditioners
- Ducted gas central heating
For further information please contact Council on 6354 9999.
7 Easy Steps
- Download a rebate application form on Councils website or call into Councils customer service counter located at 180 Mort Street Lithgow.
- Complete the form.
- Call Council (6354 9999) to arrange an inspection of your old heater (council is required to take a photo of the old heater in situ).
- Replace old heater with the new cleaner alternative.
- Call Council (6354 9999) to advise that the new heater is installed, and that the old heater has been disposed of (keep the receipt)
- A Council officer will reinspect and take a photo of the new heater as required.
- The rebate will be processed and issued to you in due course.