Establishment of Alcohol Free Zones
After a community consultation period and in accordance with Section 644 of the Local Government Act 1993, Lithgow City Council resolved on 26 April 2021 to establish Alcohol Free Zones within the Lithgow Wallerawang and Portland Central Business Districts for a further 4 years. Alcohol Free Zones will operate in the following areas:
- Main Street (from Bridge Street to Laurence Street)
- Main Street Lane and Burns Lane (between Bridge Street and Bank Lane)
- Tank Street (from Bridge Street to Read Avenue)
- Bridge Street (from Tank Street to Main Street Lane)
- Railway Parade (from Tank Street to Sandford Avenue and including Gray and Station Streets.)
- Eskbank Street (from Mort Street to Railway Parade)
- Cook Street Plaza
- Bank Lane
- Tatts Lane
- Collins Laneway
- Exchange Walkway
- Bank Street between Main Street and Gray Street.
- Mort Street between Bridge and Lithgow Streets
- Bridge Street between Mort Street and Main Street Lane
- Cook Street between Mort Street and Main Street Lane
- Eskbank carpark
- Burns Lane carpark
- Bank Lane between Mort Street and Main Street Lane
- Naomi Street
- Lithgow Street between Mort Street and Main Street.
- Williwa Street from Lett Street to Saville Street.
- Lett Street from Vale Street to Williwa Street
- Scheidel Lane
- Cox Street from Villiers Street to Vale Street.
- Vale Street from Lett Street to Wolgan Street
- Wolgan Street from Villiers Street to Williwa Street.
- Villiers Street from Lett Street to Wolgan Street
- Wallerawang Road from Cullen Street to Wolgan Street
- Cullen Street from Wallerawang Road to Williwa Street
- Main Street between Pipers Flat Road (Black Bridge) and the Royal Hotel including Daintree Lane, Blackberry Lane and Doggett Lane.
The zones will be enforceable by the Police seven days after publication of this notice and once new signage is put in place.