Project Update 22 December 2022 – Glen Davis Road
The Airly Creek Bridge has been completed and is now open to traffic. Glen Davis Road will now be open to heavy vehicles until Wednesday 18 January 2023
Works will then commence at the Coco Creek Bridge site.
Project Update 17 October 2022 – Glen Davis Road
Due to the large volume of rain predicted for the end of the week, works at the Airly Creek site have been postponed for another week.
Glen Davis Road will now be closed to vehicles above 4.5t at this site from 31 October through 23 December 2022.
Bridge work dates at the Coco Creek remain the same.
Lithgow City Council has received funding from the NSW Government’s Fixing Country Bridges program to replace the three timber bridges along Glen Davis Road, at the Airly, Coco and Crown Creek crossings.
These three timber bridges have reached the end of their useful life and will be replaced with two-lane reinforced concrete structures. The replacement of these bridges will result in the following benefits:
- Improved safety with a widened design. Vehicles will be able to safely pass without needing to give-way
- Reduced maintenance costs, with new structures designed for 100-year life
- Increased fire resistance, providing ongoing access in the event of bushfire.
Works will be carried out at each location on the following dates:
- Airly Creek Bridge 31/10/22 to 23/12/22
- Coco Creek Bridge 18/1/23 – 28/4/23
Glen Davis Road will now be closed to heavy vehicles, over 4.5t, at the above bridge sites during these times (essential services excepted):
All vehicles above this weight, length and height limit will need to access Glen Davis via Kandos and use Glen Alice Road.
To detour around the works (95km distance), drivers will need to travel north on the Castlereagh Highway, past the town of Ilford and:
- Turn right onto Bylong Valley Way
- Drive through Kandos via Angus Ave
- Turn left onto Dabee Road. Travel for 4km.
- Turn right onto Glen Alice Road. Travel for 45km to meet Glen Davis Road.
Council appreciates the community’s patience during these works. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Council on (02) 6354 9999.