There is only one week left to register for the Election Candidate Briefing Session being held on Wednesday 16th June 2021 at 5pm.
If you are considering nominating for the upcoming Local Government election being held on 4th September 2021 you can register to attend the briefing session at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/2021-local-government-election-candidate-information-session-tickets-153752689433.
The session will provide an opportunity for potential candidates to:
- Identify the key requirements of becoming a a candidate for election;
- Understand the Councillor role and how this fits in with other roles and levels of government;
- Address key expectations and potential challenges in becoming a Councillor;
- Know how the Councillor role fits in with Integrated Planning and Reporting;
- Understand key elements of Council meetings, including code of conduct and conflict of interest.
For more information about the upcoming election visit https://council.lithgow.com/election-2021/