The J M Robson Aquatic Centre will soon re-open the indoor pool for lap swimming, learn to swim and rehabilitation purposes only, from Monday 11th October 2021.
Lithgow Council is pleased to advise that after recent State Government announcements, the JM Robson Aquatic Centre will reopen the doors of the indoor facility on Monday 11th October 2021. This is fantastic news, as lap swimming provides great exercise opportunities for residents, and swimming lessons offer the ability for all residents to ensure their family have the necessary abilities to swim both for recreation and safety.
Please be advised that alongside this reopening, the following restrictions will apply to all users of the indoor facility:
- Opening hours will be weekdays – 6am-7pm, weekends and public holidays – 8am-6pm
- All customers over the age of 16 using the indoor and outdoor facilities will be required to be fully vaccinated for entry to the centre. Proof of vaccination must be provided if requested.
- Those living in the greater Sydney area including the Blue Mountains will not be permitted entry in the centre at this time.
- An Arrive, Swim, Leave policy will be in place to ensure limited congregation at the facility. We recommend all patrons arrive in their swimwear ready for their swim as shower facilities will remain closed.
- A 2-hour swim limit will be in place for all swimming.
- QR code check in must be shown to staff before entry and masks must be worn while not swimming.
- For the outdoor facility there will be a capacity of 4 people per lane and 60 people in the recreation area with a maximum of 150 people allowed in the facility at any one time.
- For the indoor facility there will be a capacity of 2 people per lane, with no recreational swimming allowed at any time. During learn to swim times there will be limited lap space available.
- No equipment will be lent out at the centre at this time.
- All payments must be made by EFTPOS to reduce contact with cash and to abide by social distancing guidelines,
- For learn to swim lessons and squad training parents, participants and guardians over the age of 16 will be required to be fully vaccinated to bring children to lessons and one parent will be permitted entry per child
“I am excited to reopen the doors of the indoor facility” said Lithgow City Council’s Mayor, Councillor Ray Thompson. “This change aligns with the Government’s continued commitment to a state re-opening alongside vaccination benchmarks. I thank every resident for their part in helping NSW achieve these targets.”
“Our job is not done yet though,” said Mayor Thompson. “For the safety of our community, please continue to get tested where necessary and take every opportunity for vaccination, if you have not already done so. With a vigilant and vaccinated community, I look forward to seeing a return to community sport and other activities which have not been possible during covid.”
Enrolments are being taken for learn to swim classes. Please contact the Learn to Swim Coordinator on 0484 604 004 for enquiries and enrolments.