The Capertee Village is considered to be the “northern gateway’ of the Lithgow LGA. Situated on the Castlereagh Highway, the village services a number of localities and hamlets in the surrounding area including: Ben Bullen, Running Stream, Turon, Palmers Oaky, Glen Davis, Glen Alice and Bogee. (See map)
Input is sought from residents of Capertee and the surrounding area to identify how the current facilities and services can be developed to improve the quality of life for the community.
The Capertee Village Improvements Plan will
- Provide a profile of the Capertee area.
- Identify the needs of the Capertee community.
- Identify a vision for the future of the Capertee village.
- Identify priorities for future improvements within the village.
On 26 April 2012, Council held a community information session at the Capertee Memorial Hall for the Integrated Planning and Reporting Framework. This meeting was attended by members of the Capertee Progress Association and a number of issues relating to the village were discussed.
Following this meeting, Council resolved to develop, in conjunction with the Capertee community, a Village Improvements Plan. As such a subsequent meeting was held on 12 June at the Royal Hotel with representatives of Capertee Progress Association, Capertee Valley Alliance and the community.
Priority areas identified from these meetings for inclusion in the Capertee Village Improvements Plan are:
- Roadside drainage
- Streetscape amenity
- Upgrading of Clarence Pirie Park
- Upgrading of toilet facilities in Clarence Pirie Park
- Interpretive/Informational Signage
- Directional Signage
- Village Entrance Signage
- Improvements to the Hall
- Improvements to the Hall Grounds.
- Upgrading of Pearsons Lookout
- Installation of a Columbarium at the Cemetery