Candidate Briefing Session
A pre-election candidate briefing will be held at the Western Sydney University’s Lithgow Transformation Hub from 5.30pm-10.30pm on Wednesday 12 June 2024.
The session will provide an opportunity for potential candidates to:
- Identify the key requirements of becoming a a candidate for election;
- Understand the Councillor role and how this fits in with other roles and levels of government;
- Address key expectations and potential challenges in becoming a Councillor;
- Know how the Councillor role fits in with Integrated Planning and Reporting; and
- Understand key elements of Council meetings, including code of conduct and conflict of interest.
The candidate briefing session will be conducted by experienced Local Government NSW facilitator, Maire Sheehan
NSW Electoral Commission
For information regarding the upcoming 2024 NSW Local Government Elections