Draft Lithgow Community Participation Plan 2020
Summary Of The Plan
Council is inviting the community to have their say on the Draft Lithgow Community Participation Plan 2020.
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held 22 November 2020, Council resolved to publicly exhibit the Draft Lithgow Community Participation Plan 2020 for 28 days.
This plan once adopted will replace the Lithgow Community Participation Plan 2019, further aligning Council with State legislation while increasing engagement opportunities with our community. The key changes in the draft plan include
- Providing notification of development applications to occupiers in addition to owners where applicable.
- Increasing the minimum exhibition period for non-residential development applications in addition to introducing new development consent categories.
- Informing person(s) who were originally notified in the notification period when a matter it taken to a Council Meeting or another form of community consultation.
- Exempting Swimming Pools that are compliant with the Exempt and Complying Codes 2008 for the purposes of notification.
- Requiring Council to provide access to notification material online via Council’s website should Council’s customer service centre be closed (i.e. Covid-19)
What is a Community Participation Plan?
A Community Participation Plan provides the community with a clear process of how and when Council will engage with the community in relation to proposed development and plan making across the Local Government Area, including mandatory requirements for public exhibition in relation to its planning functions.
Viewing of the Document
The Draft Plan will be publicly exhibited from the 11December 2020 to 1 February 2021 (excluding the period between 20 December 2020 and 10 January 2021) and are available for viewing at the following locations during ordinary opening hours:
- Council’s website: Council.Lithgow.com
- Council Administration Centre 180 Mort St LITHGOW NSW 2790
- Lithgow Library 157 Main St LITHGOW NSW 2790
- Wallerawang Library Main St WALLERAWANG NSW 2845
- Portland Library 65 Williwa St PORTLAND NSW 2847
Should any person or group wish to make a submission on the Planning Proposal, it should be in writing and be received by 4.30pm on 1 February 2021. Submissions should be addressed to: The General Manager, Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19 LITHGOW NSW 2790, quoting reference LCPP2020 or by emailing attention General Manager and quoting reference LCPP2020 at email@example.com.
If you require further information or have any difficulty with accessing information from this web site please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Team on 02 6354 9999 for assistance or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to related sites
Lithgow Community Participation Plan
Information on Council’s Community Participation plan where you can download the current plan
NSW DPIE Community Plans
Information from NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment