Lithgow has a new, purpose-built waste facility for residents to use. Located within the existing Lithgow Solid Waste Facility at 68 Geordie Street, Lithgow, the Resource Recovery Centre provides a sealed, all-weather area that makes it easy for residents to:
- Recycle items,
- Safely dispose of problem waste through the Community Recycling Centre,
- Donate or reuse items at the reuse shed, and
- Easily dispose of items that cannot be recycled or reused.
There are areas where clothing, polystyrene foam and large pieces of cardboard can be dropped off for recycling. Items in good condition can be donated, for others to use, at the reuse shed. Items that cannot be recycled or reused can be disposed of in the skip bins provided.
A Community Recycling Centre is also located within the Resource Recovery Centre for the following problem waste items:
- Car and household batteries,
- Fire extinguishers,
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes,
- Gas bottles,
- Motor and other oils,
- Paint, and
- Smoke detectors.
These problem waste items cannot be put in the kerbside bins. The Community Recycling Centre makes it easy to safely dispose of these problem wastes all year round.
The Resource Recovery Centre has the same opening times as the Lithgow Solid Waste Facility. The site is open 7 days a week, from 8am – 4.45pm, all year except for Good Friday and Christmas day.
The facility is open to all residents of Lithgow. Users will need to bring proof of residence such as a drivers licence or rates notice.
The new facility is the only Council waste facility that accepts:
- E-waste; such as televisions, computers and related electrical devices, and
- Construction and demolition waste; including all building and landscaping materials.
The Resource Recovery Centre makes it easier for households to preserve landfill capacity, protect the environment and return resources for productive use.
For more information visit Council’s website at https://council.lithgow.com/waste-recycling/waste-facilities/ or call Council on 6354 9999.