I want to

View Fit For the Future program

Click here for more information regarding the Fit for the Future program for Local Government Reform

Pay a bill online
You can pay your bills online by either a one off online payment or by registering for direct debit payments .
View fees and charges
View a development application
Search the DA register for information about applications or log in to view progress on your application. Click here for e-services .
View our Customer Service Charter
Our charter sets out the standard of customer service we will off er you as we aim to deliver a range of quality services to meet your needs.. Click here to download the Customer Service Charter .

Garage Sale Trail

About the Lithgow LGA

The Lithgow Local Government Area (LGA) is a relatively large geographical area of 4,551 sq km, located about 140 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD and within the eastern part of the Central West Region. The Lithgow LGA lies almost wholly within the Wiradjuri Aboriginal nation, with the Gundungurra nation situated to the south and the Darug nation to the east. The Lithgow LGA is made up of one large urban centre called Lithgow, two townships called Portland and Wallerawang and numerous villages, hamlets and rural localities of varying proximity to Lithgow. The residential population for the 2011 census was recorded as 20,161.


Lithgow Council a Finalist in Top Award
 Lithgow City Council has been selected as a finalist in NSW’s most prestigious award for Local Government, the AR Bluett Memorial Award. The A R Bluett Memorial Award is contested each year by councils in NSW recognising the most progressive ... Read more
LJ Hooker Reg Cowden Memorial Sports Star of the Year Awards – August 2015 Winners
The winners of the LJ Hooker Reg Cowden Memorial Sports Star of the Year Awards for the month of August 2015 have been announced by Lithgow City Council. Mayor of Lithgow, Councillor Maree Statham said “The Junior Award for August 2015 was won ... Read more
Garden spring cleanup reminder book now
There is still time to book and take advantage of Lithgow Council’s free green waste collection scheduled to commence on 12 October 2015. “There is still time for residents to book in for the next green waste service" said Lithgow City ... Read more
Garden spring cleanup reminder book now
The next green waste collection is scheduled for 12 October 2015 and residents are reminded to take advantage of the free service. Lithgow Council provides a free green waste collection service four times a year with the next scheduled for 12 ... Read more
October Long Weekend Waste Collection
Garbage and recycling collections will not be affected by the October long weekend and garbage and recycling collections will occur as normal. "The garbage and recycling collection service will occur as normal on Monday and residents should put ... Read more

Public Notices

Waste Competition
Lithgow City Council is running a Waste Competition for residents!

A new question will go on this page each month with a chance to win a FREE $100 VISA Gift Voucher for the correct answer.

All entries with the correct answer will be entered into a draw and the winner will be announced on Council's webpage and Facebook.

September Question

What are five examples of E-waste that can be recycled at Lithgow Solid Waste Depot?

Click here to enter the competition

Green Waste Clean-up
A Green Waste collection will be provided on 12 October 2015.

Residents are reminded that a SERVICE BY REQUEST will apply.

Residents can register via Council's website www.council.lithgow.com or alternatively phone Council before 12.00pm FRIDAY 9 OCTOBER 2015.

Then on Sunday night of the collection week, please place your green waste at the kerbside where you normally leave your garbage bin. Residents should ensure the following:

  • Garden Prunings – should be no longer than 2 metres, not thicker than 200mm and tied in bundles.
  • Lawn Clippings and leaves shall be placed in a durable container, cardboard box or hessian/plastic bag.
  • Each bundle or box shall be less than 16 kilograms in weight.
  • A maximum quantity of 1 cubic metre (about 4 wheelie bins) will apply.
HSC Lock In
Are you sitting your HSC soon? We can help! The Lithgow Library is holding a "HSC Lock In Session" to assist students with their studying.

The session will be held on Saturday 10th October from 12pm-4pm.

The library will be open to HSC students only, from 12.00-4.00 pm, for revision, study and a bit of down time in between. Free wi-fi will be available as well as the resources of the library, including our new collection of HSC study guides. There will be some teachers from different subjects on hand to answer any questions that you may have as well.

Tea, coffee and cold drinks will be provided, and pizza will be ordered for lunch. This is provided free!

Students will not be able to leave before 4.00 pm, hence the ‘lock in’. Bookings are essential so please call the library to secure a place, on: (02) 6352 9100. More information on this event is also available by contacting Children’s Library Officer Kellie Drengenberg.

Mayor's Christmas Appeal
Mayor Maree Statham invites everyone to donate to the annual Christmas Appeal for our Nursing Home Residents.

Donations of anonymous gifts may be dropped off at the Council Administration Centre, Lithgow Library Learning Centre or Wallerawang, Portland and Rydal Libraries by close of business on the 2nd Friday in November.

Gifts will be distributed by the Mayor at functions to be held at local nursing homes; Cooinda, Tanderra, Three Tree Lodge and Tabulam Cottage during December.

For suggestions on suitable Council’s website www.council.lithgow.com/christmas-appeal or contact Deborah or Gerda at Council on 6354 9999.

Let’s make this Christmas, a wonderful Christmas, for everyone!

On Exhbition

Draft Section 94A Development Contribution Plan
At its Ordinary Meeting of Council held on 7 September 2015 Council resolved to place the Draft Section 94A Contributions Plan 2015 on public exhibition for a period of 28 days.

Written submissions addressed to the General Manager and marked “Section 94A Contributions Plan” must be received by 4pm on Friday 16 October 2015 to be considered in the finalisation of this matter.

View Policy Draft Section 94A Development Contribution plan


Council is in receipt of a development application for a 21 lot subdivision and civil works at Lot 702 DP 1150747 – Hassans Walls Road Lithgow NSW 2790.

The application is integrated under the Water Management Act 200 and requires approval from NSW Office of Water.

The application and plans are available for public inspection at Council's Environment & Development Department, in the Council Administration Centre, free of charge, during office hours until 16 October 2015.

During this period any person may inspect the plans and make a written submission on the proposal quoting Council's file reference, Development Application No. DA148/15 All submissions received during this period will be taken into consideration prior to Council's determination of the application.


By making a submission to this plan Council may make public details of your submission, which are not of a personal nature. Should you not wish details of your submission to be disclosed you should include a clear statement to this effect in your submission. Under these circumstances Council will consider your request and may not publically release a copy. Council will only consider the release of personal information in compliance with the General Information Public Access Act, 2009 (GIPA Act 2009).

Policy 9.5
At its meeting of 7 September 2015, Council resolved to place on public exhibition Policy 9.5 Payment of Expenses and Provision of Facilities to Councillors for a period of 28 days.

The draft policy is available from Customer Services and on the Council’s website.

Written submissions addressed to the General Manager and marked “Submission on Draft Policy” must be received by 4pm on 16 October 2015.

View Policy 9.5 Payment of Expenses and Provision of Facilities to Councillors

Planning Agreement-DA042/15
Planning Agreement-DA042/15 Westfund Limited - Office Fit Out and Refurbishment

Council is in receipt of a Draft Planning Agreement for the provision of a contribution to go toward the expansion of a footpath/cycleway around Lake Pillans. The Agreement is in respect of Development Consent for an office fitout and refurbishment within the old Lithgow RSL Club on land known as Lot 1 DP 1198292, 59 Read Avenue Lithgow.

The Agreement is available for public inspection at Council’s Administration Centre, free of charge, until the 4 November 2015.

During this period any person may inspect the Planning Agreement and make a written submission on the proposal quoting Council’s reference DA042/15. All submissions received during this period will be taken into consideration.


Customer Satisfaction Survey
Our goal is to provide our customers with the best service possible.

Please take a few minutes to complete the customer service questionnaire. Your comments will enable us to see how we're doing overall and find out how we can improve.





Fit for the future