I want to
Lithgow City Council
PO Box 19,
180 Mort Street
Lithgow NSW 2790
Phone: (02) 6354 9999 or 1300 661 303
Fax:(02) 6351 4259
8.15am to 4.30pm Mon – Fri
8.30 am to 4.00pm
Please note: All after hours calls should be made to 02 6354 9999.
These calls are transferred to the Councils Security Service who will
pass the information to the responsible Council Officer.
Click here for e-services .
Click here to download the Customer Service Charter .
About the Lithgow LGA
Lithgow City Council has an established Lithgow Local Heritage Advisory Committee under Section 355 of the Local Government Act. The purpose of this Committee is to assist Council in the management, promotion and preservation of local environmental and cultural heritage items and places.
The Committee is made up of members from the community, community heritage groups, Council and Council staff. The Committee will meet quarterly each year for the term of this current Council.
A position on the Committee representing the local business, property and development sector is currently available. If you feel you could represent this sector on the Committee please forward your nomination to Council no later than close of business on 20 July 2017.
Your nomination should include the following:
- Name and address of nominee
- A short paragraph outlining the nominees experience or local knowledge in the area of heritage conservation, management and promotion
- A short paragraph outlining the nominees interest in being a member of the Lithgow Local Heritage Advisory Committee
- Any skills or qualifications that the nominee may be able to bring to the Committee.
Nominations will then be presented to Council who will consider all nominations and determine the appointed member to the Committee.
A copy of the adopted Terms of Reference for the Committee and any further information can be obtained by contacting the Committee’s Executive Officer, Mrs Sherilyn Hanrahan on 02 63549999 or via email at email@example.com.
Notice of Public Exhibition
Part Lot 45 DP 171939 being 19 Young St Lithgow
Girl Guides Australia
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held on the 26th June 2017, Council resolved to exhibit its intention to enter into a lease with Girl Guides Australia for the premises located at Part Lot 45 DP 171939, being 19 Young St Lithgow, in the following terms:
- Lease term of 10yrs with no option
- Rent $479.00per annum +CPI
- Public Liability Insurance of $20Mil, or amount as required by Council at the time of renewal of the lessee’s public liability policy.
- Lessee to meet 100% of all outgoings excluding property rates and insurance.
- Girl Guides Australia to meet all Councils legal costs associated with the subject lease in accordance with Council Policy 1.1
Council invites public submissions on the proposed lease. The draft lease will be on public exhibition from Friday 14th July until Thursday 10th August 2017, and is available for public viewing at:
- Council’s website www.council.lithgow.com
- Council Administration Centre 180 Mort St LITHGOW NSW 2790 Mon to Fri 8.15am-4.30pm;
Should any person or group wish to make a submission on the proposed lease, it should be in writing and be received by 4.30pm on Thursday 10th August 2017. Submissions should be addressed to The General Manager, Lithgow City Council, PO Box 19 LITHGOW NSW 2790, quoting “Draft Lease – Girl Guides Australia or by emailing attention General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Council’s Land Use and Property Officer, Karen Luka on 63549999.
At its meeting of 26 June 2017, Council resolved to place on public exhibition “Draft Policy 8.8 Related Parties Disclosure” for a period of 28 days.
The draft policy is available to view at Customer Service, Administration Centre, Lithgow Library and on the Council’s website.
Written submissions should be addressed to the General Manager, by mail or emailed and marked “Submission on Draft Policy 8.8”. Submissions must be received by 4pm on 11 August 2017.
Asbestos Policy and Asbestos Management Plan
Council has prepared a Asbestos Policy and a Asbestos Management Plan that provide a framework for the management of asbestos in all aspects of Council’s operations. The Asbestos Management
Plan has been prepared to:
- Outline the role and powers of key NSW Government agencies and Council in managing asbestos;
- Provide general advice for residents or businesses to assist them manage asbestos appropriately;
- Identify the procedures to be implemented to address asbestos when assessing applications for development consent or approval; and
- Describe Council’s procedures for managing asbestos in its workplace.
The documents are available for public inspection at Council’s Administration Centre, 180 Mort Street, Lithgow, free of charge, during office hours, or alternatively the plan can be viewed on Council’s website, for a period of 28 days ending on the 24 August 2017.
During this period any person may inspect the Asbestos Policy and Asbestos Management Plan and make a written submission by quoting Council’s reference ‘Asbestos Policy’. All submissions received during this period will be taken into consideration prior to final approval of the plan.
Public Complaints Line for Environmental Licenced Premises
Council’s complaints telephone line for the following premises which hold an Environment Protection Licence is (02) 6354 9999:
- Oakey Park Water Treatment Plant
- Lithgow Sewage Treatment Plant
- Portland Sewage Treatment Plant
- Wallerawang Sewage Treatment Plant
- Lithgow Solid Waste Facility
- Portland Garbage Depot.
This telephone line is for the purpose of receiving any complaints from members of the public in relation to the activities conducted at the premises and can be used for the reporting of sewer overflows.