I want to
The Lithgow Local Environmental Plan 2014 commenced on 19 December 2014.
Click here for more information or if you have any urgent enquiries regarding the new Plan please contact Councils Planners on 02 6354 9999
About the Lithgow LGA
Local community organisations are being encouraged to apply for funding under the first round of Council’s 2015/16 Financial Assistance Program.
Residents are reminded that a SERVICE BY REQUEST will apply.
Residents can register via Council's website or alternatively phone Council before 12.00pm FRIDAY 27 MARCH 2015. Then on Sunday night of the collection week, please place your green waste at the kerbside where you normally leave your garbage bin. Residents should ensure the following:
- Garden Prunings – should be no longer than 2 metres, not thicker than 200mm and tied in bundles.
- Lawn Clippings and leaves shall be placed in a durable container, cardboard box or hessian/plastic bag.
- Each bundle or box shall be less than 16 kilograms in weight.
- A maximum quantity of 1 cubic metre (about 4 wheelie bins) will apply .
The Draft Plan of Management can be found on Council's website and is available for viewing at Council's Administration Building.
Written submissions marked "Submission on Draft Plan of Management - Lithgow Golf Course" must be received by 4pm on Friday 24th April 2015. Contact Council's Land Use and Property Officer, Karen Luka for further information.
<p>The Draft lease is available on the Council Website at www.lithgow.nsw.gov.au and from the Council Administration Building.
<p>Written submissions marked "Submission - Draft Lease Lithgow Golf Club" must be received by Council no later than 4pm on Friday 24th April 2015. Contact Council's Executive Assistant, Gerda Stewart for further information.
This proposal is an Integrated Development with NSW Office of Heritage under the Heritage Act 1977.
The application and plans are available for public inspection at Council's Environment & Development Department, in the Council Administration Centre, 180 Mort Street, Lithgow, free of charge, during office hours until 25 April 2015.
During this period any person may inspect the plans and make a written submission on the proposal quoting Council's file reference, Development Application No. DA048/14. All submissions received during this period will be taken into consideration prior to Council's determination of the application.
Expressions of Interest
- ‘Sloggets Lane’- Existing formed road off Portland Sunny Corner Road Portland, known as ‘Sloggets Lane’. Given it was not Council owned previously, it was not formally named. Now that it is Council owned it is proposed that the road be formally named ‘Sloggets Lane’.
- ‘Wetlands Lane’- Existing 100m of formed Council road off Inch Street, Lithgow that leads to Lake Pillans following the rail siding. Proposed name is ‘Wetlands Lane’ due to the road leading to the Lake Pillans wetlands area.
Should any person wish to have input into the naming of these roads, then written submissions will be accepted by Council up until 10 April 2015.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Jessica Heath in Council’s Environment & Development Department.
Please take a few minutes to complete the customer service questionnaire. Your comments will enable us to see how we're doing overall and find out how we can improve.