Lithgow City Council is calling for financial assistance applications from not-for-profit organisations for local community projects and activities.
The Mayor of Lithgow City Council, Clr Ray Thompson encourages local community organisations to apply for funding under Round 2 of Council’s 2018/19 Financial Assistance program.
“Council’s Financial Assistance Program offers grants of generally up to $3,000 to community organisations to help them with local projects and activities that demonstrate a broad community benefit,” said the Mayor.
Examples of Financial Assistance requests that Council may assist with include:
- Projects that enhance educational and employment opportunities, for example, supporting young people with disability to find pathways to further education and/ or employment.
- Programs that retain, respect and strengthen our community and support the unique needs of various groups across the LGA.
- Initiatives that celebrate and support diverse communities, including Aboriginal and multicultural communities.
- Programs that focus on promoting positive health, including mental health, and wellbeing at all stages of life.
- Events or initiatives that support and celebrate the cultural and creative richness of our community.
- Projects that balance, protect and enhance our diverse environment, both natural and built.
“Please note that applications for Round 2 close on 31 October 2018,” concluded the Mayor.
All requests for Financial Assistance must be on the official Financial Assistance Application Form. Application forms and guidelines can be found at http://council.lithgow.com/financial-assistance/ or picked up from Council’s Administration Centre, Lithgow Library, the Portland and Wallerawang branch libraries or by contacting Council to have one sent by post or by email.
Further information about Council’s Financial Assistance program can be obtained from Council’s Community Development Officer Viktoria Gulabovski on 6354 9999.