Youth Week is a week-long celebration held in early April each year that is organised by young people, for young people, in communities across the state.
Lithgow Youth Council and Lithgow City Council invites Lithgow’s young people and all community members to be part of the special day that the Youth Council has organised as part of the Youth Week 2023 celebrations.
The event will be celebrated on Saturday 22 April at the Union Theatre from 10.00am to 10.00pm.
Lithgow Youth Council organises this event annually, and this year they have organised the following activities:
- Acoustic music from 10.00am to 3.00pm with Tuppence, Charlotte and Harriet, Lez and Nae and SamBucca
- Rock bands from 3.00pm with Hollow Point, Kavorka, Riff Cemetery, Trash Baby, Celestial Oath, Foothills and Naugrim.
- Laser Tag and Parkour exhibition by PCYC and Maldhan Ngurr Nurra Lithgow Transformation Hub, from 3.00pm to 6.00 pm.
- Face paint and youth activities by Lives Lived Well, from 10.00am
- Other youth activities by Mountains Outreach Community Service (MOCS), Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RHAMP) and Ted Noffs Foundation (NOFFS), from 10.00am
This event is being held to create opportunities for young people living in Lithgow and is jointly funded by Lithgow City Council, Seven Valleys Live and Local and the NSW Government. In all aspects of this event, including the planning, development and management of activities, young people from Lithgow have been involved.