1. Home
  2. Environment
  3. Council Fines

Council Fines

Got a fine from Council?   Below is some information from Revenue NSW that may be of assistance. 

Who to contact if you’ve been issued a fine

Revenue NSW process fines and fees for local councils, NSW Police Force and various other authorities.

To discuss your fine please contact Revenue NSW on 1300 138 118.  Alternatively, you can find information and manage your fine on Revenue NSW’s website: www.revenue.nsw.gov.au

What you can do on the Revenue NSW website

If you’ve been issued a fine in NSW, you’ll find the information you need, including:

  • How to pay a fine or fee
  • How to request a review of a fine
  • How to check the status of a review
  • What happens if you don’t pay a fine
  • What you must do to have your matter heard in court
  • What you can do if you’re experiencing financial hardship and can’t pay a fine.

What if someone else was responsible for the offence

If you’ve received a fine but weren’t responsible for the offence, you can transfer the fine to the person who was at fault when you weren’t driving the vehicle when the offence happened or you sold the vehicle before the date of the offence.

You can also nominate the responsible person online using myPenalty

If you are responsible for an offence but are not the person named on the fine, you can nominate yourself by contacting Revenue NSW.

Difficulty with paying your fine

If you can’t afford to pay in full by the due date you can set up a payment plan if you need more time to pay.  You should contact Revenue NSW before the penalty reminder due date to set up a payment plan.

Revenue NSW also offer other options if you are experiencing serious financial, medical or other personal problems. Find out more about:

  • what to do if you are having difficulty with payment
  • how to ask someone to talk to us about your situation
  • whether you might be eligible for a work and development order (WDO)
  • eligibility for a 50 per cent reduction in fine amount.