Principal Certifying Authority
What are the benefits in using council as an accredited certifier and Principal Certifying Authority?
- Council staff are truly independent.
- Our offices are close and convenient. This also means that we are a short distance from your building site.
- Every building surveyor at Lithgow Council has access to all relevant Australian Standards and the Building Code of Australia.
- Lithgow Council staff have extensive knowledge of the local area.
- Lithgow Council building surveyors have convenient access to planning and engineering staff thereby providing one point of contact for all necessary requirements from construction to completion.
- Building staff have quick and easy access to the development application file, historical files and all Council data. The development application file is taken on inspections to enable the Lithgow Council building surveyors to make fully informed decisions.
- The majority of development applications are dealt with by Building Surveyors meaning that you can deal with the one person throughout the assessment and construction process.
- We do not provide certification services outside Lithgow Council area which allows Council staff to concentrate on the needs of the local area.
- Council does not close down when a staff member is on leave.
- Currently Council staff have combined experience of over 80 years in building surveying. All building surveying staff have suitable qualifications and experience.
- Our fees contain no hidden costs. Once you engage Council as an accredited certifier or PCA we do not charge for phone calls, letters and other incidentals. Our fees are clearly identified on our fee proposal.