Lithgow City Council is calling on the community to nominate local people and organisations for their contributions to the Lithgow community.
The NSW Local Citizenship Award categories are:
- Citizen of the Year Award (Young and Open)
- Volunteer of the Year Award (Young and Open)
- New Resident Award
- Heritage Conservation/ Environmental Achievement Award
- Service to the Community Award (Organisation)
- Outstanding Event of the Year Award
- Citizen of the Year Award (Young & open) The Citizen of the Year Award acknowledges people who through their efforts and commitment have made our community a better place.
- Volunteer of the Year (Young & open) The Volunteer of the Year Award acknowledges people who have given their time freely to help the community within the Lithgow LGA. Nominees for the Young Volunteer and Young Citizen Categories must be aged 16 to 25 years on 26 January 2024, while the Open Categories are for people aged 26 years and over on 26 January 2024.
- New Resident Award The New Resident Award acknowledges the initiative and contribution of a new resident (less than 2 years in Lithgow) to the area.
- Heritage Conservation/ Environmental Achievement Award The Heritage Conservation/ Environmental Achievement Award is for an individual or an organisation that has made significant contribution to the preservation of the heritage or protection/enhancement of the environment of the Lithgow LGA.
- Service to the Community Award (Organisation) The Service to the Community Award (Organisation) is for organisations which aim to enrich the lives of the people in the Lithgow LGA. This organisation does not have to be a volunteer organisation.
- Outstanding Event Award The Outstanding Event Award recognises the significant contribution that special events make to our region.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from the link below.
Nominations close on Friday 1 December 2023.
Winners of all awards will be announced Friday 26 January 2024 at the Official Australia Day Ceremony.
NSW Local Citizen of the Year Awards 2024 Nomination Form