Indicative Funding Levels
|Funding type||Maximum funding levels available annually per application|
|Recurrent financial assistance||Generally up to $10,000|
|School Prize Giving within the Lithgow City Council Area - per school per annum||$50|
|Non- Recurrent Financial Assistance: Projects of demonstrated broad community benefit, including school projects - the applicant must demonstrate the uniqueness of the project, how it will benefit the community and how it meets Council’s vision statement(s) objectives.||Generally up to $3,000|
|Rate Reimbursement: Not for profit only and general land rates component of rates only.||As specified on rates notice|
|Fees and charges||As specified in Council’s Fees and Charges.|
|Sporting Related: Financial Assistance for junior representatives are considered by Council’s Sports Advisory Committee.||up to $100.00 for regional selection $300.00 for state selection $500.00 for national selection|
Project Description And Information To Include In The Application
The following information is to be included in the application:
- The project name
- A clear description of the project and its aims.
- How the project meets the overall visions of Council. Obtain a copy of Council’s Management Plan to get a better picture of Council’s visions.
- Clearly identified and demonstrated needs for the project from the community’s viewpoint.
- How the project/programs will address identified needs.
- Outcomes to be achieved and the specific tasks to be undertaken
- Evidence of consultation with, and involvement in the project of, key stakeholders and others who will benefit from the project.
- A project timetable.
- Letters of support including supporting documentation from the applicant’s sponsoring or governing body.
- Section 4 on the application form.
- IMPORTANT – Every applicant should carefully consider this section and complete in full.
- Include a detailed budget that shows income and expenditure for the project and details of any other funding that is anticipated.
- Include an estimate of the in-kind contribution to be provided by your organisation as $ for $ matching applications will be favourably considered.
- Applicants may attach a budget to the application in preference to completing the section.
- Section 5 on the application form.
- This will assist Council to understand how you will achieve the project objectives.
Acquittal And Reporting Requirements
- An acquittal form is provided with the application form for applicant’s information only.
- A copy will be sent to all applicants at the conclusion of the funding process – applicants need to ensure that they have listed the end date of the project in section 1.
- Organisations receiving a financial assistance of less than $500 are required to submit a letter outlining the achievements and benefits of the project.
- All organisations receiving a financial assistance of between $500 and $2,000 are required to submit the acquittal form and provide a written report that indicates how monies were spent and whether the outcomes identified in the application were achieved.
- Organisations receiving a financial assistance of more than $2,000 are required to submit an acquittal form, an audited financial statement and a written report that indicates how monies were spent and whether the outcomes identified in the application were achieved.
- Organisations receiving a financial assistance of $10,000 and over will be required to report quarterly (or as agreed) in the performance agreement that will be created for each Category 1 application.
- ONLY applicants seeking financial assistance of $10,000 or more are required to complete a funding agreement but this is not required until funding is approved.
- Successful applicants will be sent a completed copy for signing following the negotiation of terms between the organisation and Council.
Attachments To Assist In The Consideration Of Your Request
The following attachments must be attached with the financial assistance request:
- The organisation’s constitution.
- Minutes of the most recent Annual General Meeting and the most recent Annual report and financial statements.
The following suggested inclusions might assist in the success of the request:
- Details of promotional and marketing activities for the project.
- Evidence of ongoing communication with stakeholders regarding the project.
- Number of active members, including volunteers, in the organisation – names are not required.
Any changes to the purpose for which funding has been allocated must be submitted in writing to
The General Manager,
Lithgow City Council,
PO BOX 19
LITHGOW NSW 2790
Checklist – These Items Must Be Included With The Application
To ensure the application is complete, please check that all the attachments are included as follows:
- A completed application form is required for ALL applications.
- All applicants should complete section 1
- All applicants should complete section 2 selecting one category only.
- All applicants need to sign in section 6.
- For capital assistance projects – 2 quotations must be included.
- All Applicants must include the organisation’s constitution showing its not-for-profit status.
- All Applicants must include the minutes of the most recent Annual General Meeting and the most recent Annual report and financial statements.
- Only return the application form and your attachments – keep the guidelines, draft funding agreement and draft acquittal form for your records.