Container Deposit Scheme
CONTAINER DEPOSIT SCHEME
The Return and Earn container deposit scheme is a NSW Government initiative that aims at reducing litter.
When you return eligible containers at a return point you can receive a refund or donate your refund to a worthy cause that is connected to the return point.
To use the Return and Earn system there are 3 steps.
- Collect your eligible bottles and cans
- Not all bottles, cans and cartons can be returned through Return and Earn. Look for the 10c label on the container to see if it is eligible for a refund.
- You can also check which containers are eligible under Return and Earn – Eligible containers
- Containers that are not eligible for the Return and Earn scheme can still be recycled so please put them in your yellow lid bin for recycling.
- Take eligible containers to a return point
There are return points across New South Wales. Visit the Return and Earn website to find your nearest return point.
- Earn a refund or make a donation
Eligible bottles, cartons and cans that are returned through a Return and Earn return can earn you 10 cents each. For more information about the type of refunds available at your nearest return point please see the Return and Earn website.