Domestic Waste & Recycling
What is the service?
The domestic service includes the weekly collection of 240 litre mobile garbage bins for waste and a separate 240 litre mobile garbage bin for recycling that is collected every other week.
Positioning Bins: Your mobile garbage bin should be placed:
- on a flat surface, close to the kerb, at your normal collection point.
- with the bin parallel with the road and wheels closest to your house.
- clear of trees and overhead obstructions.
Items NOT to go in your red lidded bin
- Hot Ashes
- Heavy Objects e.g. car parts
- Building materials & rubble
- Paint or flammable liquids
- Tree stumps or rocks
- Corrosive materials
- Sand or garden soil
For the Lithgow City area, please view Garbage Routes Map
For other areas:
- Monday – Clarence and Dargan
- Tuesday – Rydal, Portland, Cullen Bullen, Capertee and Marrangaroo
- Thursday – Wallerawang and Lidsdale
- Friday – Hartley and South Bowenfels