What is the service?
The domestic service includes the weekly collection of 240 litre mobile garbage bins for waste and a separate 240 litre mobile garbage bin for recycling that is collected every other week.
Positioning Bins: Your mobile garbage bin should be placed:
- on a flat surface, close to the kerb, at your normal collection point.
- with the bin parallel with the road and wheels closest to your house.
- clear of trees and overhead obstructions.
Items NOT to go in your red lidded bin
- Hot Ashes
- Heavy Objects e.g. car parts
- Building materials & rubble
- Paint or flammable liquids
- Tree stumps or rocks
- Corrosive materials
- Sand or garden soil
To find your bin collection day, please view the Kerbside Waste Collection Calendar
For other areas:
- Monday – Clarence and Dargan
- Tuesday – Rydal, Portland, Cullen Bullen, Capertee and Marrangaroo
- Thursday – Wallerawang and Lidsdale
- Friday – Hartley and South Bowenfels
Reporting a problem with your bin
If you put your bin out the night before the collection day and it has not been emptied or if your bin has been damaged or stolen, please call customer service on 6354 9999.
You can also report a missed service and damaged or stolen bins using ‘Forms’ on the WasteInfo App.