About Council waste services
Council currently operates 4 landfills and 5 transfer stations. It also offers a variety of programs including recycling, e-waste collection facilities and regular pick ups of bulky and green waste to help the community manage waste issues.
More information on these programs can be found on Council’s website by clicking on the links on the Waste menu.
COVID-19 Response– Update for Lithgow Solid Waste Facility
Lithgow Solid Waste Facility – Site entry conditions
Lithgow City Council ONLY accepts rubbish from people/businesses residing in the LGA. No rubbish from outside the area will be accepted. Fines apply.
Council is improving site security at the Lithgow Solid Waste Facility. From 4th June 2018 it will be a condition of entry that all persons using the site must provide proof of source of waste:
- For residents: drivers licence, rates notice, utilities bill or similar
- For commercial customers: a completed Source of Waste Form (link below)
Source of Waste Form for Lithgow Solid Waste Facility
All customers will be required to stop on the weighbridge on entry and communicate with gatehouse staff via an intercom system. Where suitable ID is not provided the person will be refused entry.
All customers will also be required to advise gatehouse staff of the type of waste being delivered to allow correct classification.
CCTV security cameras will be in place to identify vehicles where necessary.
Waste Collection Calendar
Lithgow City Council Waste Info App
Waste Info is a new App introduced by Lithgow Council to assist residents with their waste and recycling.
Can’t remember your bin collection days? Not sure what goes in which bin? Unsure where you can take your waste and recycling? Lithgow City Council has introduced Waste Info which is a free App that makes it easier for residents to reduce rubbish, sort waste properly and recycle more. Waste Info provides you with:
- A personalized bin collection calendar with optional bin day reminders;
- A quick guide to your bin system, and an A-Z list of materials and how to dispose of them;
- Information about Council’s services and waste facilities, including maps and directions;
- Frequently asked questions, contact details and ‘report a problem’ form
- Optional notifications to find out the latest waste information from Council
Waste Info is available for free download from the Apple App Store and Google Play